LEADERSHIP EDUCATION FOR ASIAN PACIFICS, INC.
Director of Training
The Director of Training for Leadership Education for Asian Pacifics, Inc., (LEAP), a national, nonprofit, non-partisan, educational, community-based organization is responsible for developing state of the art research-based training programs & organizational effectiveness interventions that support LEAP's mission and vision, meet client needs, and that stretch our participants to achieve their fullest potential. Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Establish standards of training delivery, materials and coordination of programs, services and workshops
- Design and develop (or oversee the design and development of) the overall architecture for corporate and community leadership and capacity building programs, workshops and consulting services using research-based material
- Conduct (or oversee) needs assessments to identify near and future needs of API community
- Deliver and facilitate corporate and community leadership and capacity building programs, workshops and consulting services nationally
- Ensure the effective delivery of training, facilitation and consulting services
- Evaluate and redesign/modify/update current program and workshop architecture
- Evaluate overall impact of programs and services
- Recruit, evaluate, and interface with trainers, coaches and consultants
- Ensure client/customer satisfaction rating on a scale of 4 out of 5
- Build relationships with clients and customers
- Provide organization and program updates, development opportunities and feedback to trainers
- Manage program coordinators and coordinate the project management of community and corporate programs and services
- Work with Senior Leadership Team to identify program opportunities and improvement areas
- Communicate on a regular basis, programmatic and related organizational matters to the Senior Leadership Team
- Keep abreast of cutting-edge knowledge and technologies in instructional design, development and delivery
- Reports directly to the SVP of Administration and CFO
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 5 years design, development and delivery of leadership and professional development programs
- Minimum 5 years of organizational consulting experience
- Must be a flexible, adaptable self starter, capable of working in a highly demanding, team environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Proven interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Capable of managing programs, staff and budget
- Attention to detail and project management
- Exceptional training delivery & presentation skills
- Excellent writing, organizational and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in Mac OS, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook, databases and internet
- Working knowledge of, or experience with Asian and Pacific Islander and/or culturally diverse communities
- Understanding of graphic design and social media tools would be a plus
- Must be able to travel regularly and nationally
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license, auto insurance that covers business driving, and an automobile for business use
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as needed.
Commensurate with qualifications and related experience. Excellent benefits package, including medical, vision, and dental.
Mail, e-mail or fax a detailed resume, cover letter, a one-page writing sample and the name, job title, address, and phone number of three professional references to:
Senior Vice President of Administration and Finance
327 East 2nd Street, Suite #226
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Cover letter must address the following:
1) provide specific reasons for applying for this position; and 2) indicate how your experiences and qualifications align with the job requirements.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!
For more information about LEAP, please visit our website.